Monday, June 05, 2006

He turned on a dime!

I was collecting tickets on the train one afternoon when I came upon an old Irish gentleman. He perked up when he saw my company ID.

Old Irishman: Cheers Mr. Mac Donough!

Me: Cheers! I can tell by your brogue that you're from Ireland.

Old Irishman: Aye! Sure I am.

Me: Do you live here now?

Old Irishman: No laddie, I'm visiting me relations.

Me: I've never been to Ireland, but I'd love to go someday.

Old Irishman: Oh, laddie you must. In fact I'll meet you in the pub and we'll have a few pints.

Me: That sounds great... but I don't drink.

Old Irishman: (Now stern) WELL THEN...YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN IRELAND!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Train Ticket: Lots of $
Pint of beer: Unknown (Too young to drink!)
Getting busted by an old man with an Irish brogue: Priceless

jeff said...

My parents have dreamed of going to Ireland since they saw the Emerald Isle from 30-odd thousand feet on the return trip from visiting me (Army) and traveling around Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.

I had to send them this one....