Thursday, January 18, 2007

"Obedience" Revisited

For a guy who has been dead for 42 years, my father has sure been making the rounds lately. Here he is "getting shocked" on the the cover of the current issue (Jan/Feb) of "Yale Alumni" magazine. Inside is an extremely interesting article about the "Obedience experiment." I encourage you to click on the link and read the story. It's fairly short and not too technical.


He also appeared on "ABC's Primetime Live," last Thursday. I actually missed the broadcast (you can view most of it here.) They replicated the experiment, and found that the results weren't much different than they were when he acted as the Learner/Victim back in 1962.

For those of you new to this blog, you can read the post I wrote back in March. It's titled "Shocking." This essay tells the "Milgram Experiment" story, through the eyes of my family. It was one of my better received posts and I'm pretty proud of it.

No comments: